Saturday, February 28, 2009

My Son

Skin as soft as velvet
Untouched by work
Or force
And pain
Encased in mine
While mine has felt
Work,
Many years of it, oh yes,
Too much force
Plus pain
So much that those scars run
Too deep for medicine to heal at all
But I protect him
And everyday I love him
I want to save him
My little son
From everything I
Have endured
He will not feel
The things I suffered
He will stay
Unaware
Of all the horrible things
Right now
He’s too young
He’s only ready for love
What would happen if
The force of the world
Hit him all at once
Like a brick?

3 comments:

  1. very moving! where do you get this stuff?? :p
    and you should write something in April.. seems you skipped March..

    ReplyDelete
  2. come back! lol.
    You said you forgot your password to this blog once..
    I'm updating my AIM and Ficly screennames, and I haven't said Hi in a while, so HI! and hope things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a REALLY long time, I know. I'm sorry! I'm back. Finally.

    ReplyDelete